Nearly 40 Years of History
Bantrel was founded in 1983 as a small engineering company. Today, the company is not only one of largest in Canada but also one of the most respected engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) companies, executing some of the biggest and most challenging projects in Canada.
We are backed by Bechtel Corporation, a top-ranking global EPC company, with more than 120 years of experience, and McCaig P&C Holdings Ltd., a Calgary-based, family enterprise with longstanding ties to the local business community.
Nearing our 40th year in operations, our achievements provide inspiration for the future. Through our continued growth and expansion we remain focused on new technological innovations and incremental facility improvements that reduce waste or risk to people and the environment.
25 History Book
Bantrel 25 Year History
This special anniversary book is a collection of the many projects and people that make the history of Bantrel.View Book
Bantrel demonstrates committment to sustainability with two community initiatives:
Calgary Pathway and River Clean-up
Planting trees with Tree Canada
- Nuclear certificate of authorization from the Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA)
- Environmental ISO 14001:2015
- Health & Safety ISO 45001:2018
- Diversified our markets to include energy, mining, infrastructure, and construction
- Shift towards renewable projects and energy transition
- First sustainability report published
- Innovative Solutions created
- Recipient of the CanBIM innovation spotlight award
- Hatch Bantrel Joint venture
Bemac Construction Group created
- Bantrel Constructors was created
- Bantrel was founded Nov. 1, 1983
- Original Shareholders include Bannister Pipelines, Trimac and Bechtel