Applicant Privacy Notice
Bantrel Applicant Privacy Statement
This careers website is operated by and on behalf of Bantrel Co. - including its affiliates, divisions, business units and subsidiaries ("Bantrel"). For these purposes, reference to Bantrel includes Bantrel Management Services Co., Bantrel Constructors Co. and Bemac Construction Corp.
Bantrel recognizes and respects the privacy of anyone who applies for employment or other engagement with Bantrel ("Applicants").
We set out below information regarding Bantrel's collection, disclosure and use of Applicants' personal information. If you accept employment with or are otherwise engaged by Bantrel we will, of course, collect more information about you and make other uses of your information – this will be explained to you at the commencement of your employment.
2. INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM APPLICANTS
Where do you collect information from?
Bantrel collects information about Applicants in the course of the recruitment process. Some of this information is collected directly from you (for example, in forms that you are asked to complete, or in interviews or through the completion of tests). Other information is generated automatically when you use or otherwise interact with Bantrel's systems (for example, our website logs IP addresses, the type of operating system that your computer uses, the type of browser software you use, and the pages you access); or provided to us by third parties (for example, recruitment agencies, referees and educational institutions), including by third party service providers or publicly available sources for background checking and similar purposes, and to protect our business and comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
What types of information do you collect?
The information we collect about Applicants includes:
- basic information about yourself, such as name, contact details, image and information provided to verify your identity
- information regarding your employment and educational history, any role or roles for which you are applying or being considered and your relevant personal interests, attributes and career aspirations and plans
- other information about yourself that you provide in a CV or similar document
- subject to applicable law, we may collect information regarding racial or ethnic origin, age, gender, religious or other beliefs, sexual orientation and disability, which we collect for equality of opportunity monitoring purposes, only with your explicit consent
Generally, you should assume that, if we ask you for information, we need it for our recruitment purposes. In some cases, we may not be able to consider your application if you cannot provide information that we request.
3. OUR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
How do you use the information you collect about me?
We use Applicant information in accordance with applicable law to manage the recruitment process and assess you for employment or other engagement, to monitor and improve our recruitment processes and for related purposes (including equality of opportunity monitoring), compliance with law and regulation, ensuring the security of our business and purposes relating to legal claims made by or against us.
What happens if my application is unsuccessful?
If you are unsuccessful in your application, we may also retain your Applicant information and use it to assess your suitability for future positions and roles within the organisation (see section 6 for further details), or where required by applicable law.
4. DISCLOSURE OF APPLICANT INFORMATION
Who do you disclose my information to?
Bantrel may disclose Applicant information, where reasonably necessary for the various purposes set out in section 3, to:
- recruitment agencies working with us in relation to your potential recruitment
- other service providers processing Applicant information on our behalf in the course of supporting our business and operations
- a person who takes over our business and assets, or relevant parts of them
- other Bantrel entities
- third parties to whom Bantrel is required to disclose information by law or regulatory requirement (including litigation counterparties)
- competent regulatory and prosecuting authorities
If you give us names of potential referees, we may disclose the fact that you are applying to work with us to them when we ask them for references.
5.RETENTION AND DELETION
How long will you retain my information?
We will generally retain information about you throughout the recruitment process and for a reasonable period of time thereafter. Subject to applicable law, some information will be retained after the process ends, either because you are employed or otherwise engaged by us or, if your application is withdrawn or unsuccessful, because we retain information in case you apply to work for us again (or a suitable position within the Bantrel group becomes available) or a recruitment-related dispute arises between us. We will delete or restrict/discontinue the processing of personal data in accordance with applicable law. In addition, if your application is withdrawn or unsuccessful, you can delete it yourself or request us to do the same.
6. RIGHTS AND QUESTIONS
What rights do I have in respect of the information you hold about me?
With limited exceptions, Applicants have legal rights including the right to be given copies of the personal information that we hold about them and to require inaccurate information to be corrected. In some circumstances you can also require us to delete (or stop making active use of) your personal information.
Who do I contact about this notice?
If you wish to exercise any of these rights or have other questions about our Applicant information processing or related policies, please contact Privacy@Bantrel.com.
Can I make complaints to the data protection authority?
If your personal information is collected or processed by a Bantrel entity in Canada, you also have the right, at any time, to lodge a complaint about our processing of your personal information with its or your local provincial privacy authority.