Bantrel has the expertise to develop conceptual plans into quality design packages for any type of industrial facility. We have engineering and design expertise to successfully execute a broad spectrum of projects, including in-situ projects, refineries, upgraders and power generation facilities. Our engineers deliver fit-for-purpose solutions to our customers to maximize assets, improve competitive positioning, and increase long-term business success. We provide effective solutions to any type of project, from the design of a new facility, to enhancing current facilities, through to revamps, upgrades or restarts.
Serving customers in the Oil, Gas & Chemicals, Mining & Metals, and Power industries, our engineering team delivers solutions from conceptual development and front-end work to detailed engineering and site support for industrial projects of varying size and complexity.
The Bantrel Advantage
- Capability in multiple markets: Our team of experienced engineers has the capability and knowledge to design a variety of plants in multiple markets. From small to large projects in the oilsands and greenfield new-builds to revamps, Bantrel has the broad range of expertise and access to the resources of Bechtel to make any project a success.
- 3D design technology: Bantrel was one of the first EPCs in Canada that adopted the use of 3D design systems as the backbone of an integrated project delivery systems. Our world class integration of 3D design systems into procurement, project controls and construction management systems enables transparent management and planning of deliverables, including the generation of material quantities for budgeting and progress tracking.
- Multi-office execution: With offices in Calgary and Edmonton, and with Bechtel’s global reach, Bantrel has the engineering resources to execute multiple large projects simultaneously. We rely on an experienced project management team, proven standardized systems, tools and procedures, and high-speed, inter-office data infrastructure to keep teams in multiple locations working cohesively as a single unit.
- Quality engineering: As an ISO 9001 company with a Six Sigma program embedded in our project organization, Bantrel is acknowledged by our customers for our leadership, effectiveness and innovation on projects, from front-end studies through to detailed engineering. The quality of our engineering effort is demonstrated daily by minimized rework at the construction site and by the flawless commissioning, start-up and operation of our completed projects.
Multi-discipline engineering excellence: Our full-service capabilities include an engineering group with a complete range of integrated engineering, design, and drafting services. Our full suite of engineering services includes study through detailed engineering execution supported by the following:
- Process engineering and loss management
- Plant layout & piping
- Civil, strucural and architectural engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Control systems engineering (instrumentation and automation)
- Electrical engineering
- Operational assurance
- Project engineering
- Document management
Project Controls: Working directly with engineering, procurement, construction and construction management teams, Bantrel’s project controls team provides all aspects of planning, scheduling, estimating, cost control analysis and reporting. Our project controls team is the foundation of our project performance predictability.
- Estimating: We provide capital cost estimates to facilitate decision-making and project control throughout the entire project lifecycle.
- Planning/Scheduling: We develop, document, define and coordinate each scheduled task, assigning resources, and budget to produce the project roadmap.
Bantrel’s project controls excellence comes from the use of effective and proven systems and techniques that are tailored to the project’s needs. Our systems are built upon a successive history of large projects, administered by a team of highly trained professionals. Our project controls team and its historical database is the bedrock of our project predictability performance.