Job Title: Smart 3D System Administrator
Reference Number: B-081-ENS-Jun18-T
Location: Mississauga (Ontario)
Under the direction of the Engineering Systems Manager (ESM), the Smart 3D System Administrator is responsible for ensuring Smart 3D setup and maintenance tasks are optimized to support effective integration, information flows between EPCM interfaces, and efficient client handover of data on major EPCM projects.
As Smart 3D Administrator you will work in the Systems group and will support the integrated SmartPlant environment. This position will work with other team members, Engineering and Design Departments to provide operational and development support. You will report to the Engineering Systems Coordinator.
* Please note this position is not eligible for a relocation subsidy or living out allowance.
- Setup and management of new and existing engineering projects within Smart 3D including batch servers.
- SmartPlant Foundation integration support
- Working knowledge of SmartPlant Review and SmartPlant Interop Publisher including integration to SPF and Smart 3D.
- Managing and creating reporting options through the project lifecycle
- Troubleshooting Oracle, SQL database and SmartPlant Enterprise integration and software issues.
- Providing user-support to project resources
- Identifying potential areas where policies & procedures require change or where new ones need to be developed
- Managing and maintaining backup systems
- Identifying opportunities to reduce overall costs and improve end user performance
- User education and training for new hires and end users to become proficient with Smart 3D: Piping, Supports, Duct Bank, Tray, Equipment, Steel, Concrete, Drawings and reports, Isometrics, etc.
- Identifying potential service level problems and facilitating solutions
- Scheduling and prioritizing work to accommodate user needs with minimum impact
- Continually seeking opportunities to increase end-user satisfaction
- Documenting configuration changes and processe
- Interface with all additional related software such as SmartPlant Instrumentation (SPI), SmartPlant P&ID (SPPID), SmartPlant Electrical (SPEL), SmartPlant Foundation (SPF), SmartPlant Materials (SPM).
Qualifications and Experience
We are looking for a person with minimum 5 years of experience in support, integration and development of S3D including but not limited to:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and/or Computer Science
- 10+ years of industry experience with 5+ years of directly related technical knowledge and experience on at least two projects, and 2+ years of S3D administration experience is required.
- In-depth knowledge of engineering workflow and document management
- Working knowledge of MS SQL and/or Oracle SQL*Plus and ability to use these tools in an integrated environment is required
- In-depth working knowledge of S3D Software.
- Relevant engineering and/or construction industry experience is preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Highly motivated and self-directed with strong communication skills.
- Good Knowledge of English is a must.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Smart 3D, SmartPlant Review and SmartSketch API’s using C#.NET, VB.NET or VBA\
- Familiarity with point clouds and/or Cloudworx
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter, in MS Word format, to email@example.com mentioning reference code B-081-ENS-Jun18-T
in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.
Please submit your resume and/or cover letter in Word format only.