Job Title: Senior Process Safety & Risk Engineer
Reference Number: B-021-PRC-Jul18-E
Location: Edmonton (Alberta)
Bantrel is seeking a Senior Process Safety & Risk Engineer to join its refinery support team. This role requires working with a Bantrel client to support an oil refinery business.
The incumbent will champion the execution of Process Safety & Risk (Engineering Loss Management) activities for the purposes of managing hazards and controlling losses. This includes applying broad and diversified knowledge of risk assessment principles and practices to make decisions independently to support ongoing operations, maintenance and sustaining capital projects.
* Please note this position is not eligible for a relocation subsidy or living out allowance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Work is relied upon as sound and authoritative. Makes independent studies, analyses, interpretations and conclusions. Difficult, complex, or unusual matters or decisions are usually referred to a more senior authority;
• Plans, develops, coordinates, reviews, and reports progress of Process Safety & Risk engineering work on an assignment;
• Reviews and Process engineering drawings and calculations, including field and design documents relating to the risk assessment task;
• Coordinates with client representatives to obtain their approval on phases of work;
• Interacts with refinery technical engineering personnel regarding key safety related issues;
• Independently contacts EPC team representatives and project field personnel to gather or give information. Contacts client counterparts as necessary;
• Performs most assignments independently with instructions as to the general results expected. Receives technical guidance from client Process Safety & Risk engineers on unusual or complex problems;
• Reports to the Bantrel site supervisor for day-to-day non-Technical matters.
• A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, from an accredited college or university, or a professional license in Engineering from the appropriate recognized licensing board, or Specialized courses in relevant engineering. Chemical or Mechanical engineering degree is required;
• Minimum 10 years of experience in hydrocarbon processing operations and/or design;
• Knowledge of risk engineering, applied science or other relevant types of engineering, plant operation, utilities, process plants or EPC firms;
• Certificate of hazop facilitator training is considered an asset
Skills / Job Knowledge / Experience:
• Process engineering design experience is considered an asset;
• Licensed Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) in good standing, is a strong asset;
• Knowledge of industry, regulatory standards and design criteria pertinent to oil refinery operations
• Excellent two-way communication including excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter, in MS Word format, to email@example.com mentioning reference code B-021-PRC-Jul18-E in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.
Please submit your resume and/or cover letter in Word format only.