Job Title: Senior Contract Formation Specialist
Reference Number: B-052-CON-Feb19-T
Location: Mississauga (Ontario)
Under the direction of the Contracts Manager, the Senior Contract Formation Specialist is responsible for performing all tasks involved in the formation and award of moderate to highly complex (sub)contracts on mega project. As the Contracts Specialist, you will be responsible for ensuring that all sourcing activities are undertaken with transparency and integrity per project policies and procedures.
Position is located in project offices located in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.
* Please note this position is not eligible for a relocation subsidy or living out allowance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Contract Formation Specialists are responsible for performing all tasks involved in the formation and award of moderately to highly complex (sub)contracts for a multi-billion dollar project.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Sourcing and Pre-qualifying bidders.
- Preparing Recommendation for Bidders’ lists for approval.
- Forming and issuing Request for Proposal packages as per appropriate policies & procedures.
- Managing the bidding cycle activities including, but not limited to, coordinating Bidders responses to bidders’ questions and clarifications.
- Evaluate the bids by preparing Commercial Bid Summary, negotiating the exceptions and qualifications and normalizing the various bids to bring them to a common platform for comparison.
- Negotiate exceptions to the terms and conditions. Liaise with corporate legal team as required.
- Prepare bid tabulations and recommendation letter for review and approval.
- Issue conformed contract upon receiving approval on recommendation.
- Providing support to other Contracts team members as required
Required Experience and Skillsets:
- Minimum Ten (10) years experience with large, complex project contract formation, negotiation and management activities working with both Owner and Contractor’s teams.
- Advanced knowledge of terms and conditions and their negotiation techniques to support effective risk mitigation.
- Experienced with various types of construction subcontracts and their commercial strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast-paced, demanding environment and to meet tight deadlines.
- Skilled in communicating effectively (written and oral) to support collaboration with all stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge of various contract management applications/systems.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter, in MS Word format, to email@example.com mentioning reference code B-052-CON-Feb19-T in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.
Please submit your resume and/or cover letter in Word format only.