Job Title: Project Engineer
Reference Number: B-029-PRJ-Feb19-E
Location: Edmonton (Alberta)
Bantrel is currently searching for a Project Engineer for refinery, upgrader and extraction projects located in Edmonton, AB. The candidate will have an engineering background with the ability to manage projects from front end design through to detailed engineering and procurement. Design engineering and field engineering experience is an asset.
The Project Engineer provides leadership to the EPC disciplines on capital projects and ensures work plans are developed and aligned with the project execution plan, project job instructions, and project goals for safety, quality, health, environment, regulatory, schedule and cost.
* Please note this position is not eligible for a relocation subsidy or living out allowance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assists the project manager in establishing the detailed project engineering plan;
• Together with the project manager, champions and stewards the project execution plan;
• Defines and manages the engineering work scope for the project;
• Assists the discipline leads in developing detailed work plans to support the project execution plan including the scope of work, list of deliverables, job-hours budgets and resources, and the schedule for each deliverable;
• Manages and coordinates engineering deliverables and provides inter-discipline coordination for the design and engineering of the project.
• Facilitates regular project update meetings and technical meetings and is responsible for producing, updating and issuing action item lists and meeting minutes;
• Reviews and approves the design documents, trends, change orders, material requisitions, technical portion of bid tabs, engineering studies, quantity take-offs, job-hour forecasts, progress reports and coordinates resolution for field initiated engineering questions on engineering (RFIs);
• Organizes, assists and participates in plot plan reviews, PFD reviews, P&ID reviews, HAZOP, 3D model reviews, constructability reviews, value improving practices, client safety and operations reviews of the design work, and the quality checking plan including field checking;
• Owns the project scope, material quantities, engineering job-hour budget, engineering schedule, interface date(s) of procurement schedule and project technical standards;
• Reviews engineering progress against approved schedules, evaluates changes and recommends corrective action to the project manager when required;
• Manages the flow of information between disciplines, procurement, construction, and third parties, to ensure project progress;
• Ensures availability of all required project materials;
• Responsible for the engineering and procurement budget and Management of Change (MOC) process;
• Maintains open and constant contact with the project manager, procurement manager, project controls, construction manager and client contacts;
• Establishes and maintains effective lines of communication and provides operational day-to-day leadership over discipline engineering and document management leads;
• Prepares or recommends project procedures, as required; and
• Maintains contact with the client, process licensor, project/jobsite personnel, sellers and regulatory agencies.
• A recognized degree in an engineering discipline from an accredited university;
• A licensed Professional Engineer of Alberta in good standing with APEGA;
• Progressive work experience in relevant engineering roles including design engineering, project engineering, commissioning, field engineering, or plant operation in large industrial plants, utilities, process plants, or EPC engineering firms;
• Demonstrated leadership qualities, skilled in supervision, and leads the team by example and through influence;
• Multi-tasking and coordination skills executing complex projects in a high pressure and fast-paced environment;
• Strong interpersonal, problem solving, conflict resolution and negotiation skills;
• Excellent oral and written communications skills, especially regarding issues which have potential contractual implications;
• A self-motivated person who also motivates others;
• Communicates in a proactive, accurate and positive manner at all times;
• Proficient technical ability and knowledge of project and field engineering processes and procedures;
• Working knowledge of the industry standards, procurement and construction systems and procedures;
• Takes charge and responsibility for achieving the project’s engineering goals with regard to quality, scope, cost and schedule;
• Skilled in customer relationship management;
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter, in MS Word format, to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning reference code B-029-PRJ-Feb19-E in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.
Please submit your resume and/or cover letter in Word format only.