Job Title: Project Coordinator/Estimator
Reference Number: B-070-CON-Jul18-C
Location: Calgary (Alberta)
Bantrel’s Calgary office is currently searching for a Project Coordinator/Estimator.
Reporting to the President and receives operational direction from relevant Program Managers. The successful candidate will be working closely with cross-functional project teams and will be responsible for assisting with estimating work for various projects and bids.
* Please note this position is not eligible for a relocation subsidy or living out allowance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops and presents estimate plans, budgets and schedules. Prepares estimate plan for projects.
- Prepares factored equipment based and conceptual estimates.
- Analyzes estimating data and correlates to other projects and Bantrel standards. Maintains the “big picture” requirements of the estimate and anticipates overlaps and gaps in costing.
- Responsible for the quality and integrity of estimates produced by the team.
- Reviews and ensures WIN Plan is incorporated and executed in the Estimate Plan. Fully understands the execution plan split between direct hire and subcontracted work.
- Business development prospecting, preparing of project proposals, schedules, estimates and budgets. Liaises with clients as required.
- Writing, proofreading, and editing project materials and documents, i.e., internal and external print materials, execution plans, job instructions etc. Creates and maintains comprehensive project documentation, plans, and reports
- Acts as the point of contact and communicates project status adequately. Uses project management tools to monitor working hours, budget, plans.
- Performs special projects and takes on other responsibilities as determined by business needs.
- Technical diploma in a construction field or a CET designation is preferred.
- Some estimating experience or the desire to learn
- Some knowledge or willing to learn in an EPC (Engineering, Procurement & Construction) environment.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Outlook).
- Ability to work effectively with a multi-disciplinary team.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter, in MS Word format, to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning reference code B-070-CON-Jul18-C in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.
Please submit your resume and/or cover letter in Word format only.