Job Title: Procurement Specialist
Reference Number: B-050-PRO-Jan19-E
Location: Edmonton (Alberta)
The Purchasing Specialist performs tasks involved in the formation and administration of Purchase Orders, purchase contracts, construction contracts, and technical service agreements. Communicates with suppliers and personnel within Bantrel to establish clear definition of order requirements. Prepares bidder pre-qualification, bid solicitation, bid analysis, makes commitments and administers POs.
* Please note this position is not eligible for a relocation subsidy or living out allowance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Forms and issues POs by performing the following:
• Prepares Procurement Plan/Strategy
• Pre-qualifies bidders
• Prepares bidders lists
• Forms bid packages
• Issues bid requests
• Coordinates bidder’s questions
• Receives bids
• Evaluates bids commercially
• Prepares commercial bid summary and recommendation letter
• Recommends and secures approvals in accordance with established procedures
• Prepares and commits order in accordance with authorization limits
• Prepares and maintains control and status reporting documents
2. Administers assigned POs by performing the following functions:
• Establishes files and controls for all outgoing and incoming correspondence on each assigned order.
• Monitors supplier performance for conformance to commercial terms.
• Monitors activities by Engineering and other in-house functions to ensure compliance with the order terms.
• Initiates follow-up actions with the suppliers or in-house functional group to ensure performance in accordance with order terms and conditions.
• Informs or works with other project Procurement personnel as assigned to the administration of the order.
• Analyzes and distributes those suppliers’ reports specified in the order.
• Reviews and comments on special payment billings.
• Participates with Engineering and supplier representatives in discussion held to clarify order documents and/or specification requirements. Identifies, defines, and secures agreement regarding potential changes.
• Initiates and processes PO revisions that establish scope and effects on cost and schedule of agreed upon changes.
• Processes back-charges under direction from Project supervising personnel.
• Conducts closeout of the order documents and completes commercial section of supplier performance ranking
3. Performs assigned tasks under supervision in formation and administration of purchase contracts, construction contracts and technical service agreements. Exercises independent judgement in performing assigned contract tasks consistent with the development of skills as determined by assigned supervisor.
4. Communicates with suppliers to achieve performance required by the PO or other contractual documents to meet project needs.
5. Communicates with Engineering to achieve the understanding needed to process material requisitions.
6. Prepares and organizes assigned Procurement sponsored meetings, such as bid clarification and post award meetings for the purpose of ensuring complete understanding and agreement between Bantrel and supplier on all contractual matters. After reviewing plan and agenda with supervisor, conducts meeting and prepares and issues meeting notes, delineating important statements, required actions and schedules.
7. Executes all other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Prior completion of specialized procurement or business administration training is desirable.
• Experience in EPC or related industries, in the functions of Procurement, Engineering, or Construction
• University degree desirable.
• Proficiency and experience in the formation and administration of POs, construction contracts and technical service agreements
• Skill in oral and written communications
• Understanding of applicable commercial legislation
• Intermediate with Microsoft Office
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter, in MS Word format, to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning reference code B-050-PRO-Jan19-E in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.
Please submit your resume and/or cover letter in Word format only.