Job Title: Process Engineering Designer
Reference Number: B-021-PRC-Nov18-E
Location: Edmonton (Alberta)
- Responsible for assigned Process Engineering activities on sustaining capital projects
- Apply broad and diversified knowledge of Process Engineering principles and practices
- Accountable for project deliverables as a lead process design engineer
- Provide Process Design input to projects, working under Project Managers of Design
- Make decisions independently as sole Process Engineer on the project
- Represent the discipline on the project and with the client to resolve technical questions and as required to coordinate work
- Work face-to-face with client on a daily basis
- Stationed at engineering & construction office inside oil refinery
- Expect 10% of time doing field work – system walk downs, commissioning, start-up
* Please note this position is not eligible for a relocation subsidy or living out allowance.
- A recognized degree in Chemical or Mechanical engineering discipline, from an accredited college or university, or a professional license in Engineering from the appropriate recognized licensing board, or specialized courses in relevant engineering
- 5 - 15 years of broad progressive work experience in design engineering or other relevant types of engineering such as systems startup, field engineering or plant operation in large industrial plants, utilities, process plants, or engineering / construction firms.
- Must have engineering experience in an industrial process plant setting such as petrochemical, oil refining, chemical production, power generation
- The candidate will have strong communication skills to interact with internal customers and external clients
- Front-end engineering for project group inside refinery engineering/construction office
- Develops project facilities design from concept to FEED stage
- Assists refinery management to make decisions on project investment
- Provides comprehensive complex engineering and design services by establishing the design criteria and implementing the preparation of specifications, design computations and deliverables in accordance with project requirements
- Process design of equipment such as pumps, compressors, PSVs, flare systems, storage tanks, vessels, control valves, distillation columns, heat exchangers, furnaces
- Plans, develops, coordinates, reviews, and reports progress of all engineering work on a project or assignment
- Periodic checking existing conditions of equipment by field visits into the oil refinery
- Reviews and approves key Process engineering drawings and calculations, including field and design documents relating to the discipline
- Provide design follow-up during detailed engineering, construction & commissioning stages as-needed
- Coordinates with client representatives to obtain their approval on phases of work
- Attends regular HAZOP reviews as cold-eye process design engineer
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter, in MS Word format, to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning reference code B-021-PRC-Nov18-E in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.
Please submit your resume and/or cover letter in Word format only.