Whether your project is large or small...
Job Title: Piping Designer
Reference Number: B-024-PIP-Feb19-E
Location: Edmonton (Alberta)
Within Piping and Plant Layout discipline, plans and executes designs from basic data supplied. Prepares process piping drawings and/or constructs detailed scale models showing complete engineered systems and plant arrangements. In addition, assist the project Plant Layout & Piping Lead in the generation of 3D design models as required on a project.
* Please note this position is not eligible for a relocation subsidy or living out allowance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• To plan and execute complex designs form basic data supplied with minimum supervision.
• Apply 3D modeling techniques in generating designs, extracts from the 3D model drawings as required, or generates detailed standard isometrics and bills of materials as required.
• Developing and preparing engineering drawings from preliminary concepts and specifications, such as piping plans, isometrics, piping and instrumentation diagrams (P & ID).
• Operating Computer-Assisted Designing (CAD) workstation for piping and plant layout design by utilizing 2D and 3D software.
• Assist senior designers preparing and developing documentation packages and construction drawing sets.
• Works independently or as a small group leader directing the technical work of others.
• Coordinating and tracking work flow of the team to ensure work efficiency.
• Assist senior designers in checking and verifying design drawings to conform to specifications and client’s requirements.
• Completion of a two year college program in Engineering Design and Drafting Technology or three to four year apprentice program in a related field.
• 5 to 15 yrs. experience in the Oil and Gas sector, with Extraction and Tailing an asset.
• A sound knowledge and experience in 3D CADD applications. Specifically, Autoplant, AutoCAD, and Microstation Familiar with AutoCAD, AutoPlant, Navisworks, Excel, etc.
• Able to make basic day-to-day decisions which may involve planning, and are well defined by project requirements.
• Able to communicate with client representatives, equipment suppliers, other discipline designers, technical specialists and supervising designers to obtain technical information as required.
• An understanding of ASME and other Engineering codes, Environmental regulation, Local and National Coeds and Regulations.
• Working knowledge of construction methods and limitations.
• Ability to multitask and work under less supervision.
• Team player and willing to receive and provide direction.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter, in MS Word format, to email@example.com mentioning reference code B-024-PIP-Feb19-E in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.