Job Title: Pipe Stress Engineer / Specialist
Reference Number: B-024-PIP-Jun18-E
Location: Edmonton (Alberta)
Pipe Stress Engineer/Specialist
Plans and executes complex pipe stress analysis on slurry/tailing pipeline and upgrading/refinery projects with minimum supervision. Creates CAESAR II stress models, applies 3D Finite Element Analysis, extracts information from piping 3D models as required, and generates stress markups/sketches. Works independently or with a small group.
* Please note this position is not eligible for a relocation subsidy or living out allowance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Works independently in the analysis of pipe stress, ensures code compliance from basic information, which includes but is not limited to Plot Plans, P&ID’s and LDT’s, piping engineering specifications, applicable codes and standards, and equipment data sheets or vendor drawings.
• Ensures compliance with approved design standards in his/her work and by those assigned, to provide quality design, reliable plant operation, construction economy, and maintenance/operating convenience.
• Reviews and checks calculations, drawings and design documents prepared by assigned analysts or drafters for quality, accuracy, neatness, functionality, and satisfactory completion.
• Compiles and maintains job files, records, and progress reports for work assigned.
• Reviews and stamps piping isometrics
Skills / Job Knowledge:
Effective communication skills.
• Ability to perform complex mathematical engineering calculations.
• Sound knowledge and experience in the application of CAESAR II and FEPipe.
• Sound knowledge of spreadsheet applications and their use.
• Knowledge and experience in the application of basic AutoCAD, Microstation, or other drafting software applications.
• Knowledge and experience in 3D CADD applications.
• Sound knowledge of Plant Layout & Piping section work practices and standards, and interfaces with other engineering sections and procurement.
• Knowledge of piping materials and components.
• Knowledge of equipment and piping layouts for operating plants.
• Sound understanding of ASME and other engineering codes and their interpretation and application, environmental regulations, local and national codes and regulations.
• Experience with slurry/tailing pipeline stress analysis is an asset.
• Registered or eligible for registration as a P.Eng.
• 5 – 10 years of relevant pipe stress engineering experience.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter, in MS Word format, to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning reference code B-024-PIP-Jun18-E in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.
Please submit your resume and/or cover letter in Word format only.