Job Title: Mechanical Site Engineer
Reference Number: B-023-MEC-Oct18-E
Location: Edmonton (Alberta)
The Mechanical Site Engineer position is a site based position working closely with one of Bantrel’s long standing clients. The Mechanical Site Engineer will plan and conduct work requiring sound engineering judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
* Please note this position is not eligible for a relocation subsidy or living out allowance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Visual field inspections and walk-downs of existing equipment and piping, both in and out of service
• Complete in-kind replacement of piping within an operating plant
• Design branch connections and complete reinforcing pad calculations to support the design
• Utilize pressure vessel design software such as PVElite or Compress
• Complete ASME BPVC Section VIII Division 1 Appendix 2 flange calculations utilizing software such as VCE Sage
• Complete ASME BPVC Section VIII Division 2 calculations
• Develop work packages for the repair of piping and pressure vessels including door cut-outs, weld build-ups, etc.
• Provide support for welding on live equipment through activities such as completing heat transfer calculations, weld sizing, developing job specific safe work practices, etc.
• Complete NPQC activities for new or replacement heat exchangers
• Minimum of 7 years engineering experience and registered in Alberta as a Professional Engineer
• Experience working in an operating oil refinery is required
• Strong communication, organizational and presentation skills
• Experience working in a quick paced, schedule driven environment
• Experience working with multiple internal stake holders
• Working knowledge of CSA B51 and ABSA requirements for pressure vessels and pressure piping
• Working knowledge of ASME B31.3 as it applies to evaluating, repairing and re-rating existing piping systems
• Experience with welded and bolted strategies for leak sealing existing piping
• Knowledge of ASME BPVC Section VIII Division 1 for both vessels and heat exchangers
• Experience utilizing piping stress analysis software such as Caesar
• Familiar with the basic requirements of API 510 Pressure Vessel Inspection Code, API 570 Piping Inspection Code and experience with projects applying the Fitness for Service principles from API 579
• A basic understanding of the requirements and interpretations of NDE reports
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter, in MS Word format, to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning reference code B-023-MEC-Oct18-E in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.
Please submit your resume and/or cover letter in Word format only.