Job Title: Mechanical Mill Dry/Wet Engineering Lead
Reference Number: B-023-MEC2-Jun18-T
Location: Mississauga (Ontario)
The Project is to produce agricultural grade potash by processing ore hoisted from an underground mine located 140 km east of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada.
The scope of the Stage 1 Project includes the underground mine development, processing plant, tailings (salt) management and non-process infrastructure. The mine capacity is ultimately to be increased beyond Stage 1, via at least two future expansion stages over an expected mine life of at least 60 years.
* Please note this position is not eligible for a relocation subsidy or living out allowance.
- Strong personal commitment to Safety and Quality.
- Ability to work and communicate positively within a team.
- Ability to be a working lead for a project team of engineers on the dry end of the mill process.
- Ability to coordinate with engineers and designers within the mechanical discipline and other disciplines.
- Responsible for managing budgets, schedule and deliverables related to mechanical within the dry end of the mill.
- Provide mentorship and supervision to the engineering team within Mechanical for the dry end.
- Ability to estimate the number of deliverables required, to estimate the hours required to prepare these deliverables and to prepare a delivery schedule.
- Provide regular feedback to the Overall Project Engineering Lead on progress with preparation of engineering deliverables.
Qualifications and Experience:
- BSc/BEng in mechanical engineering,
- Registration as a professional engineer within Saskatchewan, or the ability to obtain.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in a heavy industrial, EPCM environment is preferred
- Strong deliverable focus with a proven ability to attain quality and schedule objectives while maintaining budgets.
- Well developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in mentoring young professionals
- Strong client focus
- Experience with SmartPlant Foundations is considered an asset
- Understanding of the BHP Jansen initiatives related to project delivery including project standardization, digital workflows and data centricity in an EPCM environment is considered an Asset.
- Knowledge of EPCM project delivery, including the activities, interfaces and interdependence of all project disciplines.
- Mining experience in Potash/Soft rock is considered an asset
- Experience with milling, crushing and grinding circuits as well as Compactors, Fluid Bed Dryers, Centrifuges and Flotations Cells.
- Experience with greenfield and brownfield interfaces.
- Willing and able to travel for short durations to various global project offices and to site in Saskatchewan.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter, in MS Word format, to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning reference code B-023-MEC2-Jun18-T in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.
Please submit your resume and/or cover letter in Word format only.