Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Reference Number: B-023-MEC-Mar18-E
Location: Edmonton (Alberta)
Bantrel is searching for a motivated and skilled individual to fill a Mechanical Engineering position, based out of Edmonton.
* Please note this position is not eligible for a relocation subsidy or living out allowance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in conceptual designs, studies, reports and proposals;
- Perform calculations and basic preliminary analyses;
- Check manufacturers’ drawings and data for compliance with specifications;
- Assist in detailed development of established design concepts for process systems, structures and equipment;
- Assist in developing or review discipline material quantity estimates;
- Comply, verify and correlate data relating to engineering problems;
- Provide input to and/or maintain records for equipment and components;
- Prepare material requisitions, specifications, technical bid evaluations and other related procurement documents;
- Coordinate assigned work with other technical personnel as directed;
- Assist in development and verification of project control documents and status reports;
- Prepare letters for replies to vendor correspondence;
- Monitor project controls within discipline;
- Review design documents of equipment manufacturers or subcontractors of a moderate degree of complexity, and prepare comments and recommendations;
- Assist in preparation of forecasts, quantity take-offs and change orders;
- Perform overall systems design and engineering tasks, within a discipline, having some degree of complexity;
- Understand roles played by other disciplines on the project;
- Participate in reviewing and checking designs, drawings and data by other engineers/specialists or by suppliers;
- Assist in the on-the-job training of people assigned;
- Familiar with all engineering department procedures and their application to projects;
- Knowledge of design standards and guides applicable to the discipline for the respective clients; and
- Participate in and fosters a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- Excellent communications skills (Oral and Written);
- 5 – 10 years of relevant mechanical engineering experience. Experience in a pressure equipment fabrication shop or in an operating plant is considered an asset;
- A recognized mechanical engineering degree from an accredited university and registration as a Professional Engineer in Alberta with APEGA;
- Knowledge of industry/regulatory codes and standards such as API 610 and 650, ASME Section VIII, CSA B51, TEMA, NACE, etc.;
- Experience with software programs such as AutoCad, Compress, HTRI and FE analysis is considered an asset;
- Willing and able to occasionally travel to operating plants or manufacturer’s shops for field reviews, acceptance testing, etc.; and
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter, in MS Word format, to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning reference code B-023-MEC-Mar18-E in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.
Please submit your resume and/or cover letter in Word format only.