Job Title: Manager, Project Estimating
Reference Number: B-031-EST-Apr18-T
The Manager, Project Estimating is a senior position within the Estimating group based in our project office in Mississauga, Ontario.
The successful candidate will be a seasoned project estimator with proven expertise in managing resources and clients within conflicting priorities. The successful candidate will be responsible to manage and develop feasibility study and definitive EPC estimates for a large scale multi-billion dollar mining project with minimal supervision, along with supervising and mentoring other estimators assigned to the project estimating team.
The Manager, Project Estimating will be required to keep management informed of progress, through formal and informal methods. This role reports to the Project Controls Manager.
* Please note this position is not eligible for a relocation subsidy or living out allowance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Take ownership and responsibility for:
- Preparation of estimate plans and documentation of estimate basis
- Reconciliation to previous estimates
- Leading the Project Estimating effort to meet project quality & schedule deadlines
- Supervising / mentoring other estimators in the team
- Coordinating inputs and deliverables with other disciplines
- Lead Estimate reviews with project, corporate & client management
- Provide Estimating input to the project’s trend and change management program
Qualifications & Job Knowledge:
- Minimum 15+ years’ experience in the EPC industry
- Proven leadership, supervisory and estimate coordination skills
- Large project experience
- Previous experience leading major Class 2 and 3 EPC estimates
- Familiar with Trending/Change Management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to deal effectively with Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Project Management, as well as Client representatives
- Proactive self-starter able to work with minimum supervision
- Engineering or Technical educational background
- Work as a key player within the Project Management team.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter, in MS Word format, to email@example.com mentioning reference code B-031-EST-Apr18-T in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.
Please submit your resume and/or cover letter in Word format only.