Job Title: Lead Mechanical Engineer
Reference Number: B-023-MEC-Feb19-C
Location: Calgary (Alberta)
Bantrel is searching for a motivated and skilled individual to fill a Lead Mechanical Engineering position, based out of Calgary.
* Please note this position is not eligible for a relocation subsidy or living out allowance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, develops, coordinates and reviews engineering work within a discipline on a project or assignment
- Supervises the day-to-day technical work of discipline engineers, scientists, specialists, designers and drafters
- Conducts annual performance reviews in accordance with approved procedures and holds career development discussions
- When assigned, recommends personnel actions such as staff additions, terminations, transfers and salary changes
- Prepares or oversees the preparation of discipline estimates and work plan in accordance with project scope, schedule and budget, and manages implementation and performance accordingly
- Estimates staffing needs and schedules and assigns work to meet schedule dates
- Coordinates with client representatives as delegated to obtain their approval on phases of work.
- Reviews and approves key engineering drawings and calculations, including field and design documents relating to the discipline
- Coordinates assigned engineering work with other project groups
- Ensures that engineers and scientists supervised receive appropriate on-the-job training for their professional development
- Promotes the creation of a work environment, supported by leadership, which fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction
- Responsible for the activities on extremely large complex projects or multiple smaller projects within an engineering or scientific discipline
- Openly communicates with conviction and confidence in all technical and business matters throughout the company
- Reviews significant bid summaries, major drawings and staffing estimates and schedules.
Job Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Minimum 15 years facility/EPC experience
- Strong Stationary Equipment design knowledge, very familiar with ASME VIII, CSA B51, and other ASME and API codes. Knowledge of Boilers and Pressure Vessel Act governing pressure equipment in Alberta (ex. ABSA)
- Familiarity with trades - boiler makers, pressure welders, journeyman welders, pipefitters, pipe welders
- Experience in a pressure equipment fabrication shop as a design engineer and EPC mechanical design engineer
- Understanding of process systems
- Depth in metallurgy, welding, ASME IX understanding
- P. Eng designation is a must
- Experience with API 610 pumps, slurry pumps and extraction experience, lead and EPC experience
- Knowledge of existing equipment repair; experience as a Maintenance Engineer or Reliability Engineer in an operating plant, writing repair scopes, putting repair/construction packages together
- Knowledge of how various engineering disciplines interface, familiarity with the information disciplines require from the other to carry out required tasks
- Knowledge of pumps and rotating equipment to identify the information necessary for a Process Engineer to do Systems Hydraulic design, or a rotating engineer to design/select a pump, the instruments that are required (vibration monitors or not), as well as knowledge of API 610
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter, in MS Word format, to email@example.com mentioning reference code B-023-MEC-Feb19-C in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.
Please submit your resume and/or cover letter in Word format only.