Whether your project is large or small...
Job Title: Lead Electrical Engineer
Reference Number: B-027-ELE-Nov18-E2
Location: Edmonton (Alberta)
Lead Electrical Engineer who is knowledgeable of and performs standard discipline engineering activities. This candidate would also assist with on-the-job-training of assigned personnel, provides input for their performance evaluations and supports the Discipline Chief in the staffing and hiring process.
* Please note this position is not eligible for a relocation subsidy or living out allowance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Plan, coordinate or prepare equipment or work specifications, bid evaluations and award recommendations for equipment
• Prepares conceptual studies, designs, reports or proposals.
• Performs or assists in the performance of problem analysis and original design.
• Knowledgeable of and performs standard discipline engineering activities on projects of medium to large size.
• Coordinate technical issues with other departments on projects including constructability requirements and reviews.
• Preparation of engineering deliverables such as:
• Design of high, medium and low voltage distribution system.
• Electric Heat tracing design.
• Technical bid evaluation/recommendation and vendor document review.
• Understand the standard engineering work planning, scheduling and cost estimating, and conducts independent work requiring judgment in the application of engineering techniques.
• Prepares and/or supports the preparation of cost estimates, quantity take-offs, and staffing requirements for proposals, forecasts and change orders.
• Coordinates engineering efforts in assigned areas between specialty and other engineering groups or disciplines, with the client, suppliers, and contractors and between other groups.
• Provide technical direction, assign/review work of engineers, designers, and drafters.
• Support the creation of a work environment that fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
• Assists in on-the-job-training of assigned personnel and provides input for their performance evaluations.
• Supports the Discipline Chief in the staffing and hiring process.
• When delegated, assumes the role of Discipline Chief in his absence.
• A recognized degree in electrical engineering from an accredited college or university, AND;
• Registered Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in Canada.
• Practical work experience in design engineering or relevant equivalent experience in allied types of engineering roles.
• Excellent communication skills (Oral and Written).
• Knowledge of industry/regulatory codes and standards.
• Intermediate to advanced computer skills.
• 15+ years in electrical engineering for Oil & Gas, Refinery, Petrochemical, Heavy Industrial or Power projects, in an EPC environment.
• Previous experience as a Discipline Lead, Deputy Discipline Chief or Discipline Chief.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter, in MS Word format, to email@example.com mentioning reference code B-027-ELE-Nov18-E2 in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.