Job Title: Junior/Intermediate Civil Designer
Reference Number: B-025-CSA-Aug18-T
Location: Mississauga (Ontario)
The Project is to produce agricultural grade potash by processing ore hoisted from an underground mine located 140 km east of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. The scope of the Stage 1 Project includes underground mine development, processing plant, tailings (salt) management and non-process infrastructure. The mine capacity is ultimately to be increased beyond Stage 1, via at least two future expansion stages over an expected mine life of at least 60 years.
Bantrel is looking for Junior and Intermediate Civil Designers experienced in using InRoads and MicroStation software to work in the Mississauga office for a duration of 1 to 3 years.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare and/or develop 2D Computer Aided Design (CAD) drawings from design concepts by senior designer/engineer within the discipline or from design documents of the front-end disciplines.
- Generate original grade surfaces from LiDAR survey using InRoads.
- Prepare rough and final grade surfaces under the supervision of a senior civil engineer.
- Interface InRoads 3D surfaces with SP3D overall model.
- Extract 2D drawings from InRoads 3D surface model for review and checking.
- Discuss drawing markups with drawing checker and civil engineer and incorporate changes.
- Prepare bulk material quantity takeoffs from InRoads.
- Coordinate with designers in other disciplines to progress surface model and produce 2D drawings.
- Maintain drawing files and folders in accordance with company QA/QC procedures.
- Ensure compliance with approved design standards.
- Participate in and foster a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- A recognized degree or diploma in Design and Drafting from an accredited college or university, AND;
- 2 to 6 years practical work experience as a civil designer (junior).
- 6 to 8 years practical work experience as a civil designer (intermediate).
- Excellent communication skills (Oral and Written).
- Knowledge of industry/regulatory codes and standards.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter, in MS Word format, to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning reference code B-025-CSA-Aug18-T in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.
Please submit your resume and/or cover letter in Word format only.