Job Title: Intermediate/Senior Civil Engineer
Reference Number: B-025-CSA2-Aug18-T
Location: Mississauga (Ontario)
The Project is to produce agricultural grade potash by processing ore hoisted from an underground mine located 140 km east of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. The scope of the Stage 1 Project includes underground mine development, processing plant, tailings (salt) management and non-process infrastructure. The mine capacity is ultimately to be increased beyond Stage 1, via at least two future expansion stages over an expected mine life of at least 60 years.
Bantrel is looking for Intermediate and Senior Civil Engineers to work in the Mississauga office for a duration of 1 to 3 years.
* Please note this position is not eligible for a relocation subsidy or living out allowance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, coordinate and design of site grading, drainage, erosion and sediment control, undergrounds, road alignments and tank foundations
- Analysis of survey and geotechnical reports and topographical data
- Provide design concepts, sketches and other input to designers for 3D modeling and drawing preparation.
- Check design drawings and provide input to designers to ensure drawings meet the intent of the design.
- Review 3D model and ensure the engineering design is accurately depicted in the 3D model.
- Prepare engineering design calculations.
- Check calculations prepared by junior engineers, provide guidance and input to junior engineers.
- Maintain calculation files and folders in accordance with company QA/QC procedures.
- Develop work plans, budgets, and schedules for basic designer tasks based on input and direction from supervisor when assigned.
- Monitor work and plan resources against budget and schedule.
- Prepare bulk material quantity takeoffs.
- Coordinate with engineers and designers in other disciplines or external companies to progress design.
- Ensure compliance with approved design standards.
- Participate in and foster a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- A recognized Civil/Structural Engineering degree from an accredited college or university, OR a professional license in Civil/Structural Engineering from a Canadian Professional Engineering board, AND;
- 5 to 10 years practical work experience as a civil engineer for intermediate engineer, 10+ years practical work experience for senior.
- Excellent communication skills (Oral and Written).
- Knowledge of industry/regulatory codes and standards.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter, in MS Word format, to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning reference code B-025-CSA2-Aug18-T in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.
Please submit your resume and/or cover letter in Word format only.