Whether your project is large or small...
Job Title: Electrical Designer
Reference Number: B-027-ELE-Nov18-E
Location: Edmonton (Alberta)
Bantrel Engineering is looking for an Intermediate to Senior Electrical Designer for Oil & Gas, Refinery, Petrochemical, Heavy Industrial or Power projects.
* Please note this position is not eligible for a relocation subsidy or living out allowance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Plan, coordinate or prepare equipment or work specifications, bid evaluations and award recommendations for equipment
• Coordinates engineering efforts in assigned areas between specialty and other engineering groups or disciplines, with the client, suppliers, and contractors and between other groups.
• When delegated, assumes a lead technical role over other engineers or project subgroups for completing specific tasks.
• Assists in on-the-job-training of assigned personnel and provides input for their performance evaluations.
• Prepares or assists in preparation of conceptual studies, designs, reports or proposals.
• Performs or assists in the performance of problem analysis and original design.
• Prepares and/or assists in the preparation of cost estimates, quantity take-offs, and staffing requirements for proposals, forecasts and change orders.
• Knowledgeable of and performs standard discipline engineering activities on projects of medium size with minimal technical oversight.
• Coordinate technical issues with other departments on projects including constructability requirements and reviews.
• Designs medium/low voltage distribution system.
• Design electric heat tracing.
• Performs technical bid evaluation/recommendation and vendor document review.
• Prepares engineering deliverables such as hazardous area classification drawings; single/three line diagrams, control schematics, grounding and lighting drawings, cable schedules, panel schedules and electrical equipment data sheets; equipment sizing, cable sizing, voltage drop, motor starting and lighting calculations, load flow, fault calculations, relay coordination.
• Supports the creation of a work environment that fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
• Provide technical direction, assign/review work of engineers, designers, and drafters.
• Understands the standard engineering work planning, scheduling and cost estimating, and conducts independent work requiring judgment in the application of engineering techniques. Normally uses conventional approaches to technical problems encountered.
• Minimum 8 years in electrical engineering for Oil & Gas, Refinery, Petrochemical, Heavy Industrial or Power projects, in an EPC environment.
• A recognized degree or diploma in an engineering or scientific discipline from an accredited college or university, OR a professional license in an appropriate engineering discipline from a recognized licensing board, OR;
• Practical work experience in design engineering or relevant equivalent experience in allied types of engineering sufficient to demonstrate competence as a trained engineer.
• Previous supervisory experience.
• Excellent communication skills (Oral and Written).
• Intermediate to advanced computer skills.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter, in MS Word format, to email@example.com mentioning reference code B-027-ELE-Nov18-E in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.