Job Title: Instrumentation & Controls Designer
Reference Number: B-026-CTRL-Nov18-T
Location: Mississauga (Ontario)
The Instrumentation and Controls designer will be responsible for drafting and design of P&IDs, instrument installation details, wiring standard, instrument list, I/O list, cable schedule and 3D modeling using SmartPlant P&ID, SmartPlant Instrumentation, SmartPlant 3D and Microstation.
* Please note this position is not eligible for a relocation subsidy or living out allowance.
- Develop instrumentation installation details using SmartPlant Instrumentation.
- Develop instrument list, I/O list and cable schedule using SmartPlant Instrumentation.
- Develop instrument wiring standard profile using SmartPlant Instrumentation.
- Develop instrumentation design using SmartPlant Instrumentation.
- Develop and update P&IDs using SmartPlant P&ID.
- Update 3D model to locate instruments and control panels using SmartPlant 3D.
- Develop cable routing inside 3D models using SmartPlant 3D.
- Drafting of control cabinet layout and network architecture drawings using Microstation.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Instrumentation and Control Technologist degree or equivalent from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- 1 to 5 years working experience in instrumentation & controls or electrical design.
- Knowledge of Microstation or other CAD software is an asset.
- Knowledge of SmartPlant design tools is an asset.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter, in MS Word format, to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning reference code B-026-CTRL-Nov18-T in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.
Please submit your resume and/or cover letter in Word format only.