Job Title: Electrical Engineer
Reference Number: B-027-ELE-Jan19-E
Location: Edmonton (Alberta)
The successful individual plans and conducts independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria. The Senior Electrical Engineer devises new approaches to solving problems. He/she will be closely working with the client and the Home office team.
As a member of the client’s team, you will be working at an operating refinery and gain exposure to some of the most challenging industrial assignments.
* Please note this position is not eligible for a relocation subsidy or living out allowance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties include preparation of FEED and Engineering Design Basis, and reviewing detailed engineering deliverables such as:
1. Construction Work Packages;
2. Hazardous Area Classification drawings;
3. Single Line/Three line diagrams, control schematics, grounding and lighting drawings, cable/conduit/tray routing plans, electrical/instrument location drawings, cable schedules, panel schedules and electrical equipment data sheets;
4. Equipment sizing, cable sizing, voltage drop, lighting calculations;
5. Design of medium/low voltage distribution systems; and
6. Technical bid evaluation/recommendation and Vendor document review.
• Plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates detailed phases of engineering work usually in one discipline in a project or staff group;
• Performs work that involves conventional engineering practice but may include complex features such as resolving conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials and/or difficult coordination requirements;
• Plans, coordinates or prepares equipment or work specifications, bid evaluations and award recommendations for equipment;
• Coordinates engineering efforts in assigned areas between specialty and other engineering groups or disciplines, with the client, suppliers, and contractors and between other groups;
• When delegated, assumes a lead technical role over other engineers or project subgroups for completing specific tasks;
• Prepares or assists in preparation of conceptual studies, designs, reports or proposals;
• Performs or assists in the performance of problem analysis and original design;
• Prepares and/or assists in the preparation/review of cost estimates, quantity take-offs, forecasts and change orders;
• Reviews and checks work of Home office engineers/designers;
• Supports the creation of a work environment that fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction;
• Working knowledge of precedents in the specialty area, the principles and practices of related technical areas and of coordinating work with other technical disciplines;
• Understands the standard engineering work planning, scheduling and cost estimating, and conducts independent work requiring judgment in the application of engineering techniques. Normally uses conventional approaches to technical problems encountered;
• Knowledgeable of and performs standard discipline engineering activities on projects of relatively small size and complexity within the business line with minimal technical oversight; and
• Provides technical support to other members on the client’s team.
• Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent is required; and
• Professional Engineer (P.Eng) license or eligible to be registered with APEGA.
Skills / Job Knowledge / Experience:
• 10-15 years of work experience in electrical engineering for Oil & Gas, Refinery, Petrochemical or Heavy industrial projects, in an EPC environment; and
• Project experience of working on an operating refinery would be an advantage.
How To Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter, in MS Word format, to email@example.com mentioning reference code B-027-ELE-Jan19-E in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.
Please submit your resume and/or cover letter in Word format only.