Job Title: Data Quality Expert / Coordinator
Reference Number: B-081-SYS-May18-T
Location: Toronto (Ontario)
The Data Quality Coordinator will provide overall leadership and management of a new data quality program for the EPCM project environment while also having and active “hands on” role. Engineering data for operations will be the primary focus, however, the program covers data quality holistically including processes for information/document management, quality, risk, environment, procurement, materials management, construction management, commissioning, and turnover/handover. They must work with the team to ensure data is complete, consistent and correct to meet project milestones enabling quality “sign off” in the data centric environment including vendor/contractors data.
* Please note this position is not eligible for a relocation subsidy or living out allowance.
- Ownership and oversight of data quality management activities;
- Provide leadership for the data quality team;
- Campaign project data quality internally (to the EPCM team) and with the client;
- Assist to develop and deploy new data quality processes;
- Provide coaching and mentoring of the team on the data centric quality approach;
- Develop and deploy data quality dashboards, KPIs and metrics;
- Work with functional managers to drive discipline ownership of data quality;
- Audit and analysis of data quality;
- Review and approve data architecture, data models, procedures and specifications;
- Monitor and enforce data quality processes;
- Assist with the development of data quality corrections and automations;
- Identify and leverage opportunities to improve data quality processes.
- Leadership competencies, values and behaviors;
- Quality acumen;
- Facilitation and effective “360 degree communication”. I.e. At management or client level, but also at peer and developer level;
- An ability to filter, analyze and validate complex and dynamic material and effectively communicate concepts to others;
- Basic knowledge of data management functions and activities, including data quality activities.
- Demonstrated experience/understanding of Data centric EPC/EPCM project delivery relevant to capital projects within the mining & metals, oil & gas, and/or chemical/pharmaceutical industries;
- Use of the Hexagon (Intergraph) SmartPlant suite;
- Work experience in roles involving data management and administration is desirable;
- Understanding of quality problem-solving models is optional but will be an asset.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter, in MS Word format, to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning reference code B-081-SYS-May18-T in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.
Please submit your resume and/or cover letter in Word format only.