Job Title: Cost Coordinator
Reference Number: B-030-PC-Jun18-E
Location: Edmonton (Alberta)
As the Cost Coordinator you would be responsible for cost control monitoring, analysis and reporting for project cost engineering.
* Please note this position is not eligible for a relocation subsidy or living out allowance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for performing project cost engineering duties.
• Directly interfaces with engineers, construction supervision, and management as necessary for cost control monitoring, analysis and reporting.
• Provides day-to-day detailed monitoring and analysis of project budgets and actuals. Updates and maintains the project budget and cost data base information. Provides timely support to project financial reporting and trending functions and the invoice/billing process as required.
• Independently provides accurate financial, cost reporting, trending analysis and recommends corrective actions.
• Responsible for cost analysis, development and presentation of cost impact analysis.
• Review potential changes against project scope and execution plans. Analyze cost and schedule impact of scope changes and trends.
• Uses cost collection tools, develops and maintains cost and resource databases and reports.
• Defines project needs for cost control in accordance with established Bechtel and client contractual requirements, objectives, and procedures.
• Reviews and critiques designs and specifications for cost effectiveness and suggests alternatives when appropriate.
• Identifies need for cost analysis support for the project, and recommends development or modification of cost engineering data standards.
• Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of experience in lieu of degree.
• A minimum of 10 years project controls experience.
• Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access, and Word.
• Extensive cost engineering experience with previous experience on large/complex projects.
• Must possess good interpersonal, teamwork, and communication skills.
• Demonstrated skill in identifying, analyzing and solving problems.
• Right to work and remain in the country of assignment
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter, in MS Word format, to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning reference code B-030-PC-Jun18-E in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.
Please submit your resume and/or cover letter in Word format only.