Job Title: Civil Structural Designer
Reference Number: B-025-CSA-Nov18-E2
Location: Edmonton (Alberta)
Civil Structural Draftsperson / Designer
Civil Structural Designer needed to prepare and/or develop 2-D Computer Aided Design (CAD) drawings from design concepts for Oil & Gas, Refinery, Petrochemical, Heavy Industrial or Power projects.
* Please note this position is not eligible for a relocation subsidy or living out allowance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare and/or develop 2-D Computer Aided Design (CAD) drawings from design concepts by senior draftsperson/engineer within the discipline or from design documents
- Prepare portions of 3-D CAD design models
- Prepare bulk material quantity takeoffs for materials application to the discipline
- Work with draftsperson from other disciplines in the overall assignment to coordinate designs
- Comply, maintain and access job drawing files, records, and drawing controls, as instructed
- Participate in and foster a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction
- Engineering Design and Drafting Diploma from an accredited technical school, college or university OR;
- Sufficient number of specialized courses in relevant general engineering or appropriate engineering disciplines to meet job requirements, AND
- 5+ years of practical work experience in drafting or designing
- Excellent communication skills (Oral and Written)
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter, in MS Word format, to email@example.com mentioning reference code B-025-CSA-Edm18-E2 in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.
Please submit your resume and/or cover letter in Word format only.