Job Title: Survey CAD Specialist
Reference Number: B-025-CSA-Oct17-E
Location: Edmonton (Alberta)
Bantrel is currently looking for a Survey CAD Specialist, based out of our Edmonton office. The successful candidate will be responsible for all technical office survey activities.
* Please note this position is not eligible for a relocation subsidy or living out allowance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Report to the Survey Manager;
- Act as Assistant Manager in absence of the Assistant Manager;
- Provide technical assistance to survey crews and other project team members;
- Assist with processing survey requests; improving quality processes and standards;
- Work with the project team to resolve technical problems;
- Perform survey calculations for construction layout and other survey activities;
- Estimate quantities and volumes;
- Prepare survey plans and other technical drawings;
- Process survey data from the field crews and ensure the records are complete and meet project standards;
- Extract and calculate dimensions and coordinates from drawings, CAD files, and other sources for survey layout and other activities;
- Upload and download survey data from various sources;
- Prepare technical survey reports;
- Perform survey data adjustments including least square’s applications;
- Implement survey data quality control measures;
- Manage databases using spreadsheet, data management, and GIS software; and
- Work the hours necessary to ensure schedules and project goals are met.
- Candidate must have a diploma in geomatics or equivalent training;
- Candidate must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in surveying;
- Candidate should be proficient with Civil 3D, Trimble Geomatics Office, MicroSurvey, and other applicable survey software. Candidate must be willing to learn software and become proficient in the application of the software;
- Candidate must have experience supervising crews;
- Candidate must be able to enforce survey data collection and survey calculation quality control measures;
- Candidate should have field and office experience;
- Candidate should be familiar Trimble survey equipment and be able trouble shoot software and calculation problems;
- Candidate should be proficient with Word, Excel, and other software necessary to prepare technical survey reports;
- Experience with Least Squares Adjustment software such as Starnet would be as asset;
- Experience with Bechtel or similar quality control systems would be an asset; and
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter, in MS Word format, to email@example.com mentioning reference code B-025-CSA-Oct17-E in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.
Please submit your resume and/or cover letter in Word format only.