Job Title: Senior Pipeline Hydraulics Specialist
Reference Number: B-21-PRC-Oct13-C
Location: Calgary, Alberta
The Senior Pipeline Specialist will be responsible for assigned engineering activities on a project. They will apply their broad and diversified knowledge of hydraulics engineering principles and practices and make decisions independently concerning problems within the discipline on the project.
The Senior Pipeline Specialist will represent the discipline on the project; working with the client to resolve technical questions and, as required, coordinate work. Maintain and enhance knowledge level with current hydraulic simulation and pipeline design technologies. Maintain proficiency with the use of in-house and industry recognized hydraulic simulation tools.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop optimal pipeline hydraulic designs for mainline and terminal projects. This involves ensuring that accurate and current inputs are received prior to the hydraulic analysis, verifying that design alternatives are adequately reviewed, and confirming that the design complies with industry and client quality processes, standards and regulations.
- Identify project scenarios that require transient modeling to ensure proposed pipeline/terminal designs are operable under transient conditions. Lead initiatives to execute the transient modeling activities.
- Plan, develop, coordinate and review hydraulics engineering work on a project or assignment. Work to be completed in a timely manner.
- Develop the pipeline facilities design for a project or proposal
- Participate in the design of pipeline facilities components, exercising cost control, reviewing and monitoring designs for conformance with control estimates and project specifications.
- Responsible for the pipeline hydraulics engineering activities on a medium size project or a portion of a major project.
- Provide supervision and technical direction to less experienced engineers, usually under direct supervision of the overall Lead Process Engineer on a major project.
- Maintain contact with suppliers and project field personnel; contact clients as directed.
- Experience in work planning, scheduling, job-hour estimation and manpower planning.
- Develop detailed calculations that document the systems being analyzed.
- Minimum 10 years of broad work experience in hydraulics engineering within pipeline industry , science or other relevant types of engineering, plant operation, utilities, process plants or EPC firms.
- Demonstrated technical competence in pipeline and pipeline facilities hydraulic engineering.
- Post-secondary education - mechanical engineering degree is preferred; however, a civil or chemical process engineering degree will be considered.
Skills / Job Knowledge / Experience:
- Pipeline experience is a must.
- Transient hydraulics knowledge is required.
- Experience in AFT Fathom, AFT Impulse and/or Stoner Pipeline Simulator Software required.
- Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) license is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of industry, regulatory standards and design criteria pertinent to pipeline engineering including CSA Z662 ASME B31.4, B31.8,.
- Excellent two-way communication including excellent oral and written skills.
We thank all applicants for submitting their resumes; however, only applicants who are being considered will be contacted.
Please submit your resume and/or cover letter in Word format only.