Job Title: Senior Electrical Engineer
Reference Number: B-27-ELC-Jun13-E
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
The Senior Electrical Engineer lans and conducts independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria. He or she devises new approaches to solving problems and may be assigned as a Lead Engineer on a project.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare FEED, EDS and detailed engineering deliverables such as construction work packages; hazardous area classification drawings; single line/three line diagrams, control schematics, grounding and lighting drawings, cable/conduit/tray routing plans, electrical/instrument location drawings, cable schedules, panel schedules and electrical equipment data sheets; equipment sizing, cable sizing, voltage drop and lighting calculations; design of medium/low voltage distribution systems; and technical bid evaluation/recommendation and vendor document review.
- Plan, schedule, conduct and coordinate detailed phases of engineering work, usually in one discipline in a project or staff group.
- Perform work that involves conventional engineering practice but may include complex features such as resolving conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials and/or difficult coordination requirements.
- Plan, coordinate or prepare equipment or work specifications, bid evaluations and award recommendations for equipment.
- Coordinate engineering efforts in assigned areas between specialty and other engineering groups or disciplines, with the client, suppliers, contractors and between other groups.
- When delegated, assume a lead technical role over other engineers or project sub-groups for completing specific tasks.
- Assist in on-the-job-training of assigned personnel and provide input for their performance evaluations.
- Prepare letters to vendors and clients.
- Prepare or assist in preparation of conceptual studies, designs, reports or proposals.
- Perform or assist in the performance of problem analysis and original design.
- Prepare and/or assist in the preparation of cost estimates, quantity take-offs and staffing requirements for proposals, forecasts and change orders.
- Review and check work of subordinate engineers.
- Support the creation of a work environment that fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation and satisfaction.
- Provide technical direction and assigns work to engineers, designers and drafters who assist on specific assignments.
- Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent is required.
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng) license or eligible to be registered with APEGA.
Skills / Job Knowledge / Experience:
- Minimum 10 years of work experience in electrical engineering for oil & gas, refinery, petrochemical or heavy industrial projects in an EPC environment.
- Working knowledge of precedents in the specialty area, the principles and practices of related technical areas and of coordinating work with other technical disciplines.
- Understands the standard engineering work planning, scheduling and cost estimating, and conducts independent work requiring judgment in the application of engineering techniques; normally uses conventional approaches to technical problems encountered.
- Knowledgeable of and performs standard discipline engineering activities on projects of relatively small size and complexity within the business line with minimal technical oversight.
We thank all applicants for submitting their resumes; however, only applicants who are being considered will be contacted.
Please submit your resume and/or cover letter in Word format only.