Job Title: Quality Specialist
Reference Number: B-15-QUA-Sep13-K
Location: Kitimat, British Columbia
Responsible for the performance of a broad range of construction quality activities within an assigned area of responsibility.
Supervise specific or multiple quality disciplines. Responsible for implementation of quality procedures and policies to ensure field activities conform to project’s specifications and regulatory requirements. Leadership responsibility providing technical direction to less experienced construction quality specialists.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Directs activities of subordinate quality specialists, and other inspection personnel, as assigned.
- Responsible for the construction quality program activities within an assigned area of responsibility.
- Determines requirements for, and directs preparation of, technical and administrative documents and reports.
- Within assigned area, monitors the performance and overall progress of construction inspections to ensure adherence to the construction quality program.
- Reviews and validates quality records in support of activities in the assigned area of responsibility.
- Implements procedures and policies established by others and establishes procedures, as required, for the performance of assigned functions.
- Monitors activities of assigned subcontractors to ensure construction, material and installation comply with project specifications and quality criteria.
- Ensures continuous, progressive training of assigned subordinate personnel.
- Performs personnel evaluations of subordinate personnel.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Candidates must either possess the CSA W47.2 certification or be willing to pursue it.
- An Electrical background would be preferred, normally acquired through: a recognized degree or diploma in an engineering or scientific discipline, OR specialized courses in related engineering disciplines, AND/OR work experience in quality aspects of construction inspection, testing and installation activities.
- Minimum 5 years work experience in quality aspects of construction inspection, testing and installation activities.
We thank all applicants for submitting their resumes; however, only applicants who are being considered will be contacted.
Please submit your resume and/or cover letter in Word format only.