Job Title: Project Lead Estimator
Reference Number: B-31-EST-May13-C
Location: Calgary, Alberta
The Project Lead Estimator is a senior position within the estimating group based in our Calgary offices.
The successful candidate will be responsible to manage definitive EPC estimates for large scale multi-billion dollar oil and gas projects with minimal supervision, along with supervising and mentoring other estimators assigned to the project estimating team.
The Project Lead Estimator will be required to keep management informed of progress and on occasion to assist with departmental development or business development initiatives.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Take ownership and responsibility for:
- Preparation of estimate plans and documentation of estimate basis.
- Reconciliation to previous estimates.
- Leading the Project Estimating effort to meet project quality and schedule deadlines.
- Supervising/mentoring other estimators in the team.
- Coordinating inputs and deliverables with other disciplines.
- Lead Estimate reviews with project, corporate and client management.
Qualifications / Skills / Job Knowledge / Experience:
- Minimum 10-15 years EPC experience.
- Proven leadership, supervisory and estimate coordination skills.
- Large SAGD project experience.
- Previous experience leading a major Class 3 EPC estimate.
- Familiar with trending/change management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Able to deal effectively with engineering, procurement and project management, as well as client representatives.
- Proactive self-starter able to work with minimum supervision.
- Engineering or technical educational background.
Work as a key player within the project management team.
We thank all applicants for submitting their resumes; however, only applicants who are being considered will be contacted.
Please submit your resume and/or cover letter in Word format only.