Job Title: Project Field Engineer/Specialist
Reference Number: B-070-FC-Jun14-K3
Location: Kitimat (British Columbia)
The Project Field Engineer/Specialist provides technical support to superintendents, directs assigned personnel in meeting cost and time schedules, and verifies permanent plant materials, equipment, and workmanship while assuring results meet design requirements. The Project Field Engineer/Specialist will lead construction engineers in a broad range of construction engineering work usually within a specific engineering discipline for a particular area of the project.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide source matter expertise relative to Aluminum Smelters and in particular Aluminum Pechiney technology
- Responsible for the activities of assigned field engineers/specialists and others as assigned.
- Directs preparation of quantity listings of field purchased material and equipment. Initiates requisitions for field purchases.
- Responsible for ensuring the quality of permanent plant installations is in accordance with appropriate codes and standards
- Supervises preparation of field engineering documents. Supervises design of temporary construction facilities and ensures preparation of “as built” drawings.
- Assists subordinate field engineers/specialists, planners and superintendents, in interpreting design drawings; monitoring equipment installation, planning for delivery of permanent plant materials and equipment; and asssuring that proper warehousing and storage exists to ensure environmental protection.
- Reviews specifications, purchase orders, subcontracts, inspection reports, delivery schedules, instruction manuals and technical data to assist and advise on-site.
- Administers technical service contracts placed by the field handles sub contract changes and interfaces with client personnel.
- Coordinates with the Field Engineering manager on activities affecting the contract administration operation.
- May represent the company in major contractual discussions and negotiations along with contract administrators.
- Reviews and/or supervises, as assigned, the preparation of construction quantity estimates and cost engineering studies and assist in reviews of schedules and budgets.
- Analyzes assigned field engineering activities to determine the scope, time and manpower requirements.
- Determines that vendors’ bids for material and for equipment are in conformance to specifications and administers field execution of purchase order requirements.
- Provide technical support for turnover and pre-commissioning activities
- Ensures the TEAMWorks database gets updated weekly and reviews QURR’s
- Verifies installed quantities in subcontractor invoices.
- Performs personnel evaluation of assigned subordinate personnel.
- Ensures assigned subordinate personnel receive progressive training for them to assume additional responsibilities.
- Ensures quality requirements for the area are in compliance with applicable codes, standards and specifications.
- Demonstrated source matter expertise relative to Aluminum Smelters and in particular Aluminum Pechiney technology
- 5+ years experience in a similar role
- Technical knowledge of a specialized engineering discipline, cost, scheduling and/or contracts administration relating to the construction of heavy industrial or commercial complexes.
- A recognized degree in an Engineering or Scientific discipline.
- Work experience as a field engineer/specialist, or assistant superintendent leading to a thorough understanding of the technical knowledge described above.
We thank all applicants for submitting their resumes; however, only applicants who are being considered will be contacted.
Please submit your resume and/or cover letter in Word format only.