Job Title: Project Engineer
Reference Number: B-29-PE-Sep13-E
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
The Project Engineer has full technical responsibility for planning, interpreting, organizing, and executing activities on the project.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the engineering activities on a project
- Manages the engineering budget for the project, and conducts execution within approved budgets
- Establishes / manages the detailed project design and engineering scope
- Manages and coordinates the project design and engineering deliverables
- Establishes / manages and reviews the engineering project schedule, carries out any actions to prioritise / re-schedule the engineering deliverables
- Pro-actively identifies resolution, critical issues associated with scope, schedule, cost or quality for assigned portion of project scope.
- Will act as the primary interface for the Project Manager, for all engineering matters within the project
- Provides the prime liaison and contact for Client’s Project Engineer as required
- Coordinates the management of engineering sub consultants
- Management of technical documentation to procurement, construction, and regulatory agencies (for obtaining necessary Permits for the project)
- Recommends technical reviews, reviews contract documentation from engineering standpoint
- Undertakes design co-ordination meetings with construction at various phases
- Undertakes and co-ordinates project technical risk assessments
- Coordinates, manages the statutory and company specific design reviews, i.e. Plot Plan, PFD, P&ID, HAZOP, 3D model, Constructability etc. Ensures that requisite supporting documentation is completed
- Coordinates, manages the engineering design and ensures the corresponding design documentation complies with the Quality Procedures
- Coordinates project Technical Risk Assessments
- Ensures that Safety Practices are implemented.
- Proficient technical ability and awareness
- Proficient knowledge of project engineering processes and procedures
- Proficient execution planning skills
- Strong in organizing and managing complex engineering activities
- Working knowledge of industry / regulatory standards and design criteria within the engineering disciplines
- Working knowledge of HSE procedures and practices
- Working knowledge of project control systems, estimating procedures
- Working knowledge of procurement systems /procedures
- Working knowledge of construction practices and procedures
- Working knowledge of the EPC business.
- Knowledge of proposals and bid processes
- Knowledge of business administration.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 10 years experience in Oil & Gas, at least 4 years in an engineering discipline and the remainder in related project engineering roles
- Must be P.Eng member with APEGA
- Strong directional leadership, people management and communication skills
- Proficient technical background in one or more disciplines with strong understanding of the interfaces with all disciplines
- Personal skills: good broad based business / commercial knowledge and skills, good presentation skills
- Attributes: high performance / team building / decisive decision making
- Technical skills: execution planning / planning and organising
- Multi tasking co-ordination skill while executing complex and challenging projects /programs
- Capable of dealing and interacting with challenging people and situations.
We thank all applicants for submitting their resumes; however, only applicants who are being considered will be contacted.
Please submit your resume and/or cover letter in Word format only.