Job Title: Process Lead
Reference Number: B-21-PRC-Apr-14-E
Location: Edmonton (Alberta)
The Process Lead is responsible for assigned process engineering activities on a project. This person will apply broad and diversified knowledge of process engineering principles and practices, and also make decisions independently concerning problems within the discipline on the project. The Process Lead may represent the discipline on the project and with the client to resolve technical questions and as required to coordinate work.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide comprehensive complex engineering and design services by establishing the design criteria and implementing the preparation of specifications, design computations and deliverables in accordance with project requirements.
- Plan, develop, coordinate, review and report progress of process engineering work on a project or assignment.
- Supervise the day-to-day technical work of assigned process engineers.
- Perform or supervise the performance of detailed process calculations.
- Review and approve key process engineering drawings and calculations, including field and design documents relating to the discipline.
- Estimate staffing needs and schedules and assign work to meet schedule dates.
- Conduct annual performance review in accordance with approved procedures and holds career development discussion.
- When assigned, recommend personnel actions such as staff additions.
- Coordinate with client representatives as delegated to obtain approval on phases of work.
- Coordinate assigned engineering work with other project groups.
- Ensure that engineers supervised receive appropriate on-the-job training for their professional development.
- Responsible for assigned administrative functions within the department, such as training coordination, design guide development, etc.
- A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline from an accredited college or university, or a professional license in engineering from the appropriate recognized licensing board, or specialized courses in relevant engineering.
- Looking for a Process Engineer with 15+ years experience with refining, upgrading, operating and EPC experience.
- Lead/Supervisory experience required.
Please note that the dealine for all applications is Monday April 28, 2014.
We thank all applicants for submitting their resumes; however, only applicants who are being considered will be contacted.
Please submit your resume and/or cover letter in Word format only.