Job Title: Help Desk Analyst
Reference Number: B-028-IST-Dec13-C
Location: Calgary, Alberta
The Help Desk Analyst is responsible for all the customer support services provided by the Bantrel IS&T Help Desk. The successful candidate will have front-line visibility with the user community, supporting them over the telephone, via e-mail and web interface.
They will also employ their strong communication skills in the creation and distribution of incident tickets and accompanying email communication. The ideal candidate will have an outgoing personality and have had experience with telephone support. A minimum of two to three years’ work experience is required, as well as a strong knowledge of Microsoft applications and Windows in a network environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support for resolution or escalation of desktop/workgroup related problems or requests initiated by internal customers within prescribed service levels.
- Provide initial point of contact for technical problems and perform troubleshooting tasks, problem diagnosis, resolution, or escalation.
- Requires a general knowledge of hardware and software components, local to the desktop and as they relate to the network.
- Help Desk support may also include the setup, installation, and configuration of desktop hardware and software.
- Provide administration support for HEAT tracking system.
Skills / Job Knowledge / Experience:
- Minimum 2 years Help Desk or telephone based Customer Service experience as well as some hands-on desk side support (2nd level).
- Information Technology degree or Technical College Certificate in computer science or related specialty, or equivalent technical customer support industry experience.
- Experience in call quality monitoring, Help Desk practices, root cause analysis.
- Telephone and interpersonal skill training or demonstrable skill/knowledge level.
- Customer service skill training or demonstrable skill/knowledge level.
- Broad experience in computer environment support.
- Knowledge of the HEAT Incident Tracking and Knowledge Base system is an asset.
- Specific experience and/or training in Microsoft Office Suite problem solving.
- Experience in remote desktop support software use an asset. (i.e. SCCM)
- Knowledge of ITIL or equivalent experience in the implementation and execution of the ITIL Service Support business practices is an asset.
- Willingness to provide after hours “on-call” support.
- Actively work within the Help Desk team and with other IS&T groups.
- Willingness to participate in call quality management programs to improve customer call service delivery by receiving critical analysis of their call handling techniques and participating in evaluations of the call handling analysis of peers (with associated training).
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment while maintaining a focus on customer service.
- Ability to expand their knowledge base and apply to a multi-customer and multi-platform support environment.
- Willingness to constantly upgrade their service and technical skills.
Performance Standards and Measurements:
- Call quality management and meeting SLA requirements
- Problem resolution on initial call.
- Telephone and communication skill.
- Customer satisfaction with first contact (telephone/web/email) service and follow-up.
- Call handling and service focus
- Initiative and self-supervision.
We thank all applicants for submitting their resumes; however, only applicants who are being considered will be contacted.
Please submit your resume and/or cover letter in Word format only.