Job Title: Field Engineers
Reference Number: B-070-CON-Aug17-C
Bantrel is currently looking for Concrete/Civil and Structural Steel Erection Field Engineers.
* Please note these positions are camp based in Northern Manitoba, Canada. Camp status only on a rotational assignment (21 days on/10 days off, fly-in, fly-out).
The successful candidate(s) will provide technical assistance to construction forces and ensure that the construction in their assigned scope (area) meets the contract, design and quality requirements. The predominant scope of work will involve working and interfacing with our self-perform forces as opposed to subcontract construction management.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsible Field Engineers (RFEs) are responsible to:
- Monitor the technical requirements of the work, including quality control/assurance;
- Resolve technical issues. Interface with procurement and design engineering to resolve technical issues;
- Quantity verification. Accept the work once it is found to meet the design and quality requirements Implement the quality program;
- Prepare Field Material Requisitions (FMRs) for permanent plant materials and equipment;
- Maintain configuration control;
- Generate change documents (RFIs, NCRs) and as-builts;
- Drawing and specification control and interpretation;
- Provide input to the design of temporary utilities and facilities;
- Support the schedules developed by Superintendents;
- Review and approve Inspection and Test Plans (Subcontract and Suppliers);
- Support the field subcontracts manager as required;
- Generate and close punch list items.
- Implement all company policies and Manitoba Safe Workplace regulations for safe working procedures and environment;
- Ensures the Zero Accident Philosophy is incorporated into every aspect of construction operations; and
- Actively participates in scheduled safety meetings.
- For Concrete/Civil Field Engineers: Knowledge of mass concrete work operations, including consolidation, temperature control, and quality inspections.
- For Structural Steel Erection Field Engineers: Knowledge of structural steel erection methods, and quality inspection requirements, including inspection of structural alignment, bolting, and welding.
- Knowledge and experience with a Hydro project is an advantage;
- B.Sc degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management;
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office word processing and Excel spreadsheet;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Thorough attention to detail, with the ability to recognize quality defects;
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environments;
- Willingness to work in remote sub-arctic camp location required; and
- Experience working in joint venture environments preferred.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter, in MS Word format, to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning reference code B-070-CON-Aug17-C in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.
Please submit your resume and/or cover letter in Word format only.