Job Title: Electrical Superintendent - Nightshift
Reference Number: B-070-FC-May14-K2
Location: Kitimat (British Columbia)
Bantrel is seeking an Electrical Superintendent for night shift. Reporting to the Senior Electrical Superintendent, the Electrical Superintendent is responsible for supervising and directing Electrical operations on the project. Ensures assigned construction operations and subcontractors performance are in compliance with specifications and within schedules and budget. Supervises and directs craft activities, subordinate superintendents and others, as assigned. Performs general functions inherent in all supervisory field positions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for field construction operations within assigned area. Co-ordinates activities with Electrical Superintendent on days shifts to ensure continuity of the work.
- Determines manpower requirements. Coordinates established area operational plans. Schedules work to be performed and reviews work accomplished by each craft.
- Prepares schedules, construction methods and procedures.
- Supervises and directs subordinate personnel and crafts personnel in construction activities within assigned area.
- Prepares reports and forecasts, including summary of construction progress, job manpower forecasts, and expenditures forecast.
- Monitors the activities of subcontractors to ensure compliance with specifications and schedules.
- Responsible for the implementation of corporate / project policies, procedures and instructions within assigned operations.
- Coordinates activities with other disciplines or areas, and clients’ resident representatives as instructed by construction management.
- Performs personnel evaluations on subordinate personnel.
- Ensures that all Bantrel, federal provincial and regional safety codes, requirements and standards are being complied within assigned area of responsibility.
Adheres to all field Job Instructions and Bantrel Construction Procedures while maintaining the corporate code of ethics.
- Experience executing large scale heavy industrial construction projects and understands that safety and quality is paramount.
- Five years’ experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of a single or multidiscipline construction or engineering operations and of supervisory functions relating to field activities.
- A recognized degree in an Engineering / Scientific discipline or a Technical College diploma from accredited institutions; or Specialized courses in construction technology and management; and/or Work experience leading to a thorough understanding of the knowledge described above.
We thank all applicants for submitting their resumes; however, only applicants who are being considered will be contacted.
Please submit your resume and/or cover letter in Word format only.