Job Title: EDMS Technician
Reference Number: B-020-DMG-Jul17-E
Location: Edmonton (Alberta)
The Electronic Document Management System (EDMS) group provides technical support to all Bantrel users of InfoWorks and all related software such as WebTop and e-Room. The EDMS support group is comprised of core technical and project-deployed personnel.
- Project staff provide project-specific technical &/or process support under the direction of the DMG Principal lead &/or EDMS Manager.
- The Core group provides technical support across all project and corporate docbases.
- Responsibilities for all include:
- Electronic transfer of documents from Bantrel’s docbases to client docbases, validating the properties of documents prior to transfer;
- Maintenance of Bantrel’s EDMS and the project docbases (ie. document attributes, lifecycle, etc);
- Specialized tasks such as table loads, bulk document loads, attribute updates, matrix management;
- Provision of EDMS Helpdesk support across corporate / project docbases; and
Training to InfoWorks and WebTop users.
The EDMS group also acts as a liaison between InfoWorks users and IS&T on InfoWorks related issues.
* Please be advised that applications for this posting are for near future/future opportunities with Bantrel. This role is based out of our Edmonton office and is ineligible for relocation subsidy and/or a living out allowance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to the Project team. This includes our internal customers (Bantrel / Field) and our external customers (Clients / Suppliers);
- Perform docbase audits to ensure data accuracy and consistency;
- Data manipulation and reconciliation as required by the project and with the approval of the DMG Principal Lead &/or EDMS Manager;
- Assist in the development of EDMS procedures &/or guides for the project team;
- Assist in the preparation and conveyance of training sessions to external and internal Customers;
- Ensure all engineering documents, drawings and project deliverables are processed in the Bantrel &/or Client EDMS in accordance with established client / corporate instructions, procedures, requirements and guidelines;
- Explain specific procedure(s) to clarify non-conformances and required corrective action;
- Provide recommendations to Project Leads regarding EDMS usage on projects;
- Oversee all EDMS integrity and functionality testing;
- Develop EDMS procedures &/or guides for the project team;
- Champions the creation of a project work environment and culture, supported by leadership on the project, which fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation and satisfaction;
- Represents EDMS & DMG with project management, engineering disciplines, project controls, procurement, construction and the client;
- Strong affinity for process improvement through Six Sigma, etc.;
- Provides training, mentoring as required;
- Monitors / plans team work priorities;
- Monitors team output and quality as it relates to the EDMS; and
- Other activities as directed by the Document Management Principal, Project Lead &/or EDMS Manager.
- Minimum three years experience in an EPC environment or equivalent professional / technical experience;
- Proficient in Electronic Document Management Systems (EDMS) and DMG work processes;
- Hands-on experience with Documentum products and/or other EDMS applications (ie. Filenet, Livelink);
- Basic technical training in software, hardware &/or systems;
- Basic oral and written communication skills;
- Intermediate knowledge with all MS Office products, with focus on Excel & Access;
- Strong ability to analyze, research, and provide recommendations on how to resolve problems quickly and efficiently;
- Must be able to operate independently, but within the scope of departmental requirements, while handling multiple tasks at one time;
- May, as project requirements warrant, be utilized in a coordination or limited supervisory capacity; and
- Knowledge of DQL (Documentum Query Language) and Structured Query Language (SQL) would be an asset.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter, in MS Word format, to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning reference code B-020-DMG-Jul17-E in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.
Please submit your resume and/or cover letter in Word format only.