Job Title: Document Control Technician
Reference Number: B-020-DMG2-Jul17-E
Location: Edmonton (Alberta)
The Document Control Technician is responsible for the control of project documents and data by ensuring all documents adhere to project processes, procedures, and client standards.
This role provides support to the engineering disciplines through the provision of:
- Document and Records Control and Distribution
- Hard Copy File Management
- Reproduction and Scanning Services
- Document and Equipment Number Support
- Squad Check Coordination (as required by Project)
- Key Performance Indicator reports
- Quality control
- Records Turnover and Archiving Coordination
* Please be advised that applications for this posting are for near future/future opportunities with Bantrel. This role is based out of our Edmonton office and is ineligible for relocation subsidy and/or a living out allowance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Process engineering documents, drawings and project deliverables in accordance with established client / corporate instructions, procedures, requirements and guidelines;
- Identifies the product / package / document and assesses current priorities;
- Performs quality checks to ensure each document conforms to Bantrel and/or Client standards prior to processing;
- Responsible for maintaining electronic and hardcopy filing system including data entry of records in Bantrel’s and/or client EDMS;
- Identify and explain specific procedure(s) to clarify non-conformances to standards/procedures to implement corrective action;
- Prepare and process documents for scanning / archiving / printing / copying through internal or external services;
- Assembly of technical documents into packages;
- Collects and assembles packages for Work Packages, Material Requisitions (MR) or Supplier Packages; and
- Other activities as directed by the Document Management Principal and/or Project Lead.
- Minimum education - Grade 12;
- Demonstrated ability for attention to detail;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a changing environment (shifting deadlines, priorities, processes);
- Basic computer skills;
- Minimum two years in an EPC environment or equivalent professional experience; and
- May, as project requirements warrant, be utilized in a coordination or limited supervisory capacity.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter, in MS Word format, to email@example.com mentioning reference code B-020-DMG2-Jul17-E in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.
Please submit your resume and/or cover letter in Word format only.